Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Years day early

Oh man .. it's 30 degrees out! I told myself I was going to ride today and darn it I will. Gear is out, bike is ready to roll so give it a couple of hours to at least get to 40 and I'm out.
Let me explain my goals this year: I want at least 1500 miles (I have a life and don't live on my bike so this is a bit lofty). I want to weigh 175 pounds. I weight 190 now (I like food and I like beer ... again lofty). I want to evangelize in yet anther way (this blog ... check that one off).
Let me tell you why I consider myself a Bike Snob: I don't like Carbon Fiber bikes, I hate anything with the name Shimano on it. I don't like cheap crap bikes made in China. I'd rather have something made of metal with Campanolo or at the very least Sram Red. 
So having said that I ride a 2005 Litespeed Seinna Titanium framed road bike. It has Campagnolo Record 10 speed drive train. Mavic Kysrium SSC wheels. Back when it was new it was about a $5,000.00 rig. I don't care that she is 6 years old. Find me a new Ti bike spec'd out like this that I can get for under 5 grand and we will talk.
So yeah, I do look down my nose at your crap Trek Madone or your crap Simano whatever. 'Shimano has electronic shifters!' and 'I say what are you to stupid to shift on your own? Maybe Shimano should find a client base that is a little less retarded'
Your bike will be in a land fill long before mine.
Anyway .... stay tuned today, I'll let you know how it went.
Peace out yo! Happy new year. 2010 set the bar pretty low for 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment