Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Gerry Rafferty 'City to City'

Gerry Rafferty's 'City to City'. Maybe one of the better albums to come out of the seventies plays in the background as I write this. So many memories .... so many. It's a sad day. But at least we still have this magnificent album. It takes me back .... man, I can smell the ink in Lititz. I miss all of you folks, this music only makes me miss you all the more.
One of the beautiful things about the Internet is Facebook. This very funky medium has brought me back together with one very special person from those days. You know who you are. I'm glad you and I can look back on those times together. And one thing stands true. You and I, after all the crap and all the years are friends.
Even though you where whacked out on 'The Wall' and anything 'Ozzy', I know you dug this album the most.
Oh yeah ...You know who you are.
Anyway, focus boy ... focus! Today I ran like a man possessed. Strung together 2 10 minute miles at the Hamster Wheel. Then 15 very hard core on the spin bike. Wrapped up the festivities with legs. So needless to say I was starving all day. Moderate meals .. kitchen closed at 5:00.
One thing I did notice is the scale actually is starting to head in the correct direction. I've resigned myself to only get on that thing once a week.
Tomorrow I rest and I tell you why I think Carbon Fiber bikes suck.
Oh yeah ... RIP Mr. Rafferty.

No comments:

Post a Comment