Monday, January 10, 2011

Of Cow Poop and Milk Shakes

For the third year in a row Linda and I are helping to man the Milk Shake booth at the PA Farm Show. You can't imagine the sights.
Here are my top ten list of crazy things I saw:
10. A young guy dressed to the nines in Dude Ranch Finery. It was so darn nice ... I'm not into that sort of this thing but what a get up!! It was like GQ meets Kenny Chesney meets the Farm show! A couple of ladies kept looking at him saying 'Isn't that ... no it can't be". I had to go home and wash the Gay off me. No ofense ... I'm just sayin'.
9. Justin Bieber look a likes. I most have seen 20 of these little helmet haired wanna-be kids. When I think back, we tried to look the same way. Only it was the Beatles ... not some no talent Disney act.
8. Poop. Poop everywhere. DO NOT wear nice footwear to the Farm Show.
7. Lack of modesty. I don't want to sound like a prude or a perv ... but what ever happened to modesty anyway? Some of these girls! I just wanted to say to them: Aren't you cold? I t was 20 degrees outside and maybe 60 inside. Cover that up. I don't need to be starring.
6.Deep Fried everything. From deep fried cheese to deep fried Oreos. What a way to go! It's no wonder we a re a nation of fat people.
5. No mixed Milk Shakes? What the ...! Sorry kids ... no mixed Milk Shakes this year. Some guy must have thought I was somebody as he proceeded to tear me a new one about this. I looked him in the eye and calmly stated 'No Eng-laish" Don't laugh. It worked!
4. Giant Horses. I'm not a horse guy but I swear I saw a horse that was like 12 feet high and must have weighed 2 tons! I'll bet it could have pooped a Volkswagen.
3. A sea of humanity ... all waiting to pay $4.00 for a Milk Shake in a place that kind of smells some where between deep fried something, Hay, and poop.
2. Honey Ice Cream. CRAZY GOOD ... Enough said.
1. I <3 (Heart) Intercourse hat. Some old timer walks up to the booth straight off the farm wearing this hat. We all looked at each other and laughed. Either he was actually from Intercourse PA or he was an extreme pervert. Either way, in my opinion, no one should ever wear a heat that clearly states that they are from a place with a name like Intercourse or that this may be a favorite activity. If you have to advertise either fact ... you need to see a doctor about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment